LiDAR-based Crane Anti-collision System
Author： Neuvition, IncRelease time：2021-11-05 08:30:54
Neuvition LiDAR-based Crane Anti-collision System is a LiDAR-based real-time crane detection system independently developed by Neuvition. The system is used to track the changes in the crane’s cargo attitude and real-time range of surrounding obstacles in the process of loading and unloading containers and bulk cargo, to ensure the crane is safe running during the daily work. The system is based on the Neuvition Titan M1 LiDAR and is fully integrated with the open-source ROS (Robot Operating System). Nowadays, the use of 3D data (point clouds) to segment and analyze the environment is a hot research topic especially in the Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, smart devices, smart robots, and autonomous vehicles. Based on the improvement of light detection and ranging (LIDAR), time of flight (ToF), non-contact detection and ranging (RADAR) technology, and high computing power, the price of sensors has fallen, which has promoted the development of intelligent systems.
Work process of Neuvition LiDAR-based Crane Anti-collision System
Step 1: Neuvition LiDAR-based Crane Anti-collision System tracks the spreader, and outputs the point cloud and video to the edge calculator;
Step 2: The edge calculator integrates the point cloud and video in real time, and outputs the position and posture of the spreader;
Step 3: Calculate the movement direction and speed of the crane trolley, spreader, and gantry;
Step 4: Determine the anti-collision field according to the setting parameters, crane action, speed, etc., and output the distance between the containers and the surroundings;
Step 5: If a collision is detected, an alarm will be issued to avoid safety accidents;
What pain points does Neuvition LiDAR-based Crane Anti-collision System mainly solve for our customers?
1. Titan M1 LiDAR can detect the condition of the container. Containers will collide during the dispatching process, and the collision may be caused by human operation error, external environment, such as container swaying.
2. Titan M1 LiDAR can assist container positioning in higher efficiency way during the placement process. In the past, it is required that a commander on the ground must cooperate with the crane operator with a walkie-talkie, which is quite low-efficient.
The key advantages of Neuvition LiDAR-based Crane Anti-collision System are as follows:
1. High reliability: Neuvition Titan M1 LiDAR works independently of ambient light, and can work normally at night and under low-light conditions. With Neuvition’s intelligent and advanced algorithms, we can guarantee the performance of LiDAR in rain, snow, and fog;
2. High precision: Neuvition Titan M1 LiDAR can achieve a ranging accuracy of±2cm at a detection distance of 60m, and process real-time acquisition of distance information between the goods and the surrounding environment, to accurately control the attitude and position of the spreader and container;
3. High resolution: Titan M1 is a MEMS solid-state LiDAR, with vertical 480 lines, a maximum resolution of 0.03°, effective detection range up to 200m. It can detect a minimum 20cm*20cm object within 60m;
System parameters of Neuvition LiDAR-based Crane Anti-collision System
Field of View: 90°*25°/120°*25° (optional)
Data refresh frequency: 10 Hz (recommended);
Rotation angle detection accuracy: 0.2 degrees (full range).
The detection angle of the front-and-back swing of the spreader ≥±8 degrees;
Detection distance: 1m-150m;
Position accuracy: <2cm;
Scope of application: 20’- 45’ containers;
1) Posture information of spreader and container;
2) Distance information between the container and surrounding objects;
3) Equipment status information;
4) Alarm information;
The following modules are provided in Neuvition LiDAR-based Crane Anti-collision System:
1. Object recognition function: Neuvition’s advanced deep learning algorithm can recognize trucks, containers, pedestrians, etc., and output information such as object type, direction, distance, speed, and moving direction, etc.;
2. Container posture detection: There are many possible reasons for the jamming of containers or spreaders, such as being stuck in a hatch or under other containers. Neuvition LiDAR-based Crane Anti-collision System can avoid this situation by tracking the posture and rotation of the spreader.
3. Position and speed tracking of spreader;
4. Manually filter and export historical alarms and data information in XML or CSV format;
5. Attitude detection: